After the warmth of the mother’s womb, the craddle is the place where the baby will spend most of his time during the first months of his life; the place where he will gradually wake up to the world. Charlie Crane therefore designed the KUMI as both a reassuring cocoon and a space open to the outside world.
The design of the KUMI combines tradition and modernity. It retains the millenary lateral swing, a delicate movement that helps babies fall asleep, while sketching minimalist and contemporary lines, thanks in particular to the laces that surround it, which gives it both lightness and safety.
During assembly, the parents tie the cords themselves. A gesture of high emotional value since it involves participating in the construction of the child’s nest.
Several colors of laces are available. For all versions, the mattress is provided and a range of mattress protectors and fitted sheets are available as options.
- Do not use the craddle before reading the instruction manual.
- Use from birth until the child can sit alone, stand up or crawl.
- Compliant with European standard EN1130:2019
- Extra simple assembly using an Allen key supplied
- Detachable and machine washable fabric at 40°C
- Design: Gaspard Tiné-Bérès for Charlie Crane
- Registered design
- Made in Turkey (Wood), France (Mattresses and laces), China (Cocoon).
- Dimensions of the craddle: 80 x 56 x H 72,5 cm
- Dimensions of the mattress: 68 x 40 x H 5 cm
- Height of the cot base: 44 cm
- Wooden structure: Beech plywood hoop from Turkey or Romania, 2 coats matt water-based varnish. Skids and uprights in solid Beech wood from Turkey, 2 coats matt water-based varnish.
- Metal structure: Wire and metal plate Steel White epoxy paint
- Mesh Cocoon: 100% Polyester nest – 100% cotton bottom
- Laces : Round braided laces 100% Polyester thickness 5mm
- Mattress: 100% cotton cover mattress – PU foam padding certified Certipur. thickness 5 cm.